YouTube Views: 89
YouTube Liks: 15
YouTube Dislikes: 0
This video will give you info on how to join the JCF as a District Constable (DC).
Sign up using the JCF application portal. You can either submit the application online or print the application and take it to a recruiting office near you.
JCF APPLICATION LINK:
District Constables form the Jamaica Rural Police Force and is an auxiliary to the Jamaica Constabulary Force (this means that they provide additional help and support to the JCF). District constables are appointed by the Commissioner of Police and are attached to a particular Police Station. Their powers and authority is similar to the regular police and extends to all parts of the Island.
You will need the following documents to join:
1. School Leaving Certificate
2. National Insurance Scheme (NIS) card
3. Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) Card
4. Valid photo ID in the form of National ID, Driver’s License or Passport
Requirements to join:
1. The applicant MUST be a resident in the Division where he/she intends to work as a District Constable
2. Age Profile: 18-40 years old Applicants over 30 years must come from one of the following professions: military, education, medical, finance/banking, scientific, technical or legal.
3. Minimum Height and Weight Requirement: Males 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. Females 5 feet 3 inches and 115 pounds.
5. Recommendations: Must have two (2) recommendations from any of the following persons: Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Attorney-At-Law, School Principal, Police Officer not below the rank of Inspector, any Commissioned Officer of the Jamaica Defence Force, Parish Councilor or a Medical Doctor.
6. Academic Qualification: The applicant must have a school leaving certificate. No academic examination passes are required. However, applicant must score a minimum average of 60% in written tests in English and Mathematics. Applicants with CXC passes or its equivalent will be given priority consideration.
7. Interview: Successful applicants in the tests will be interviewed by an interview panel and a minimum score of 60% must be attained at the interview for further processing. The applicants who have passed the interview will be required to do a medical examination, blood test and physical test.
8. Fingerprints and bio-data of applicants must be submitted to the Technical Services Division and NIB for CRIMINAL RECORDS check and security clearance. Applicants Must have clean records.
9. Antecedent Enquiries: This should include school records, religion, work history, family history, spouse, children, associates etc.
If you are successful at the recruiting process you would go a 4-6 weeks training at the Jamaica Police Academy in Twickenham Park, Spanish Town, St. Catherine.
District Constables Basic training mainly consists of:
1.Law and Police Duties.
2. Community Policing.
3. Use and Care of Firearms.
4. Defence Tactics and Drill.
Good lucky on your journey to become a district constable.