YouTube Views: 7
YouTube Liks: 0
YouTube Dislikes: 0
This video series looks at the Harry Potter series through the lens of the Catholic faith with the hope that we’ll more about both along the way. [Imprimatur below]
“Magic and Morality” basically asks and answers the question: Is Harry Potter committing a big sin every time he uses magic? This is kind of important because if the answer is “yes” then using HP books to learn about Catholicism is going to be rather difficult. Is there any difference between Harry’s use of magic and an attempt to do so by us?
Here is a list of the videos:
(1) Magic and Morality – magic and sin
(2) Pride and Prejudice – pride, magic, and how to read the HP books
(3) Be All That You Can Be – virtue part 1, courage
(4) Practically Perfect in Every Way – virtue part 2, the unity of the virtues
(5) Who Will Free Us…? – Jesus Christ part 1
(6) What Wonderous Love – Jesus Christ part 2
(7) I believe in… – Faith part 1 – what is faith?, the three aspects of divine faith
(8) A Life of Faith – Faith part 2 – doubt and faith
(9) Saved By Hope – Hope and resurrection
(10) All You Need is Love – Love part 1 – non-supernatural love, how it works
(11) Love Divine, All Loves Excelling – Love part 2 – supernatural and divine love
(12) Love and Sacrifice – Love part 3 – relationship between love, sacrifice, and obedience
(13) The Sacrifices of Jesus and Harry – Love part 4 – how does Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross compare to Harry’s?
Subscribe to our channel so that you don’t miss any more videos in this series.
Imprimatur: In accordance with Canon 827, permission to publish has been granted on August 21, 2012, by the Most Reverend Edward M. Rice, Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of St. Louis. Permission to publish is an indication that nothing contrary to Church teaching is contained in this work. It does not imply any endorsement of the opinions expressed in the publication; nor is any liability assumed by this permission.