Lexus has detailed pricing and specifications for its updated UX small crossover ahead of first arrivals at local showrooms from mid-September.
These updates for the 2023 model year refer specifically to the UX200 petrol and UX250h hybrid models, and not the all-electric UX300e. It’s expected Lexus will detail the updated UX300e at a later date.
Pricing for the petrol and hybrid Lexus UX range is up between $1640 and $1895 depending on the variant, which Lexus says “reflect[s] the updated standard equipment, multimedia and vehicle functionality”.
The 2023 Lexus UX range now starts at $46,085 before on-road costs for the UX200 Luxury, and extends to $65,995 for the UX250h F Sport AWD.
As previously reported, this latest update to the UX brings a larger 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, replacing the previous 10.3-inch unit.
The new infotainment system now supports wireless Apple CarPlay, though you’ll still need to plug in to use Android Auto.
There’s also DAB+ digital radio, satellite navigation, and an “expanded” 10-speaker system that replaces the previous eight-speaker system featured in the Luxury and F Sport grades.
Customers can now use a voice command feature, triggered by the phrase “Hey Lexus”, that can perform functions like changing the radio station or automatically lower the windows.
Using a inbuilt Data Communication Module (DCM), Lexus now offers a complimentary three-year subscription to Lexus Connected Services.
This connected services system offers access to features such as cloud-based connected navigation with live traffic, automatic collision notification, SOS emergency calling, stolen vehicle tracking, recent trip information, plus more.
Exterior changes for the 2023 model year include a new sharkfin antenna across the range, and body-coloured wheel arch cladding on F Sport models.
F Sport models also get a new brace in the steering gear, which together with the standard Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system and rear performance dampers “quickly absorb body flex and minor vibrations to further sharpen handling and improve overall ride comfort and quietness,” according to Lexus.
Further to the F Sport’s technical developments, all UX models now have 20 additional spot-welding points on the body for greater stiffness, which is also claimed to improve road-holding and driver feedback.
Lexus says it has also retuned the UX’s electric power steering system and shock absorbers “to help provide a seamless transition between braking, steering and acceleration through bends and on a variety of road surfaces”.
- 2023 Lexus UX200 Luxury: $46,085 (+$1640)
- 2023 Lexus UX250h Luxury + Enhancement Pack 2: $53,820 (+$1795)
- 2023 Lexus UX200 Sports Luxury: $56,850 (+$1600)
- 2023 Lexus UX200 F Sport: $57,495 (+$1745)
- 2023 Lexus UX250h Sports Luxury: $60,850 (+$1750)
- 2023 Lexus UX250h F Sport: $61,495 (+$1895)
- 2023 Lexus UX250h Sports Luxury AWD: $65,350 (+$1750)
- 2023 Lexus UX250h F Sport AWD: $65,995 (+$1895)
Prices exclude on-road costs
2023 Lexus UX200 models are powered by a 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine producing 126kW of power and 205Nm of torque, which now gets fuel-saving idle stop/start technology.
It’s mated exclusively to a continuously-variable transmission (CVT) with drive sent to the front wheels only.
UX250h models also use a 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine with either one or two electric motors, and a 216V nickel-metal hydride battery pack. It’s also mated exclusively to a CVT.
The petrol engine in the hybrid powertrain produces 107kW and 188Nm, with the front electric motor producing 80kW and 202Nm. The rear electric motor in E-Four all-wheel drive models produces an additional 5.3kW and 55Nm.
Total system outputs for the hybrid powertrain, regardless of whether it has one or two electric motors, is 135kW.
The 2023 Lexus UX range has the following claimed combined fuel economy figures:
- UX200: 5.8L/100km
- UX250h: 4.5L/100km
- UX250h AWD: 4.7L/100km
Lexus has added an idle stop/start function to the UX200’s 2.0-litre petrol engine for the 2023 model year that’s able to interact with Lexus Safety System+ features, such as adaptive cruise control.
The UX200 has a 47L fuel tank and the UX250 has a 43L fuel tank.
The 2023 Lexus UX measures in at 4495mm long, 1840mm wide, and 1520mm tall, with a 2640mm wheelbase.
The UX200 with 17-inch alloy wheels has a boot capacity of 419L, whereas with 18-inch alloy wheels it has a boot capacity of 424L. The UX250h has a boot capacity of 368L.
Models with 17-inch alloy wheels have a tyre repair kit, while those with 18-inch alloy wheels have run-flat tyres.
The 2023 Lexus UX is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, like all new Lexus models.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first, and the first three services are capped at $495.
The Lexus UX has a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted in 2019.
All models received an adult occupant protection score of 96 per cent, child occupant protection score of 88 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 82 per cent and a safety assist score of 83 per cent.
Standard safety features include:
- AEB with pedestrian and daytime cyclist detection
- Lane departure warning
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Automatic high-beam
- Parking assist monitor
- Eight airbags
All bar the base UX200 also feature blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
All 2023 Lexus UX models now receive a three-year complimentary Lexus Connected Services subscription which offers the following features:
- Automatic collision notification
- SOS emergency calling
- Stolen vehicle tracking
- Last known vehicle location
- Recent trip information
- Diagnostics data
- Door lock status
- Doors, windows, bonnet and boot status
- Tyre pressures
- Hazard light status
The UX also has Lexus Remote Connect which allows owners to remotely start the engine, unlock or lock the boot, and activate the hazard lights and a buzzer.
UX200 Luxury highlights:
- 17-inch alloy wheel
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Shark fin roof-mounted antenna (NEW)
- Power-folding, heated door mirrors
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment display (NEW)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay (NEW)
- Wired Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio (NEW)
- Satellite navigation
- 10-speaker sound system (NEW)
- Dual-zone climate control
- Push-button start
- Washi instrument panel paper trim and stitching (NEW)
- Artificial leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Eight-way power front passenger’s seat
Enhancement Package 1 adds:
- LED fog lights
- Parking support alert
- Parking support brake
- Blind-spot monitor
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Keyless entry
UX200 Luxury and UX250h Luxury with EP2 add the features of EP1 plus:
- Power tailgate (kick sensor for hybrid models)
- Wireless phone charging
- Cornering lights
- Headlight washers
- Privacy glass
- Alloy scuff plates
Enhancement Pack 3 adds:
18-inch alloy wheels are a standalone option on all Luxury models.
UX Sports Luxury adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- ‘High-grade’ LED headlights with dynamic auto-levelling
- LED front indicators
- Adaptive high-beam system
- Auto power-folding exterior mirrors
- Reverse link
- Memory function
- Driver’s side electrochromatic finish
- Panoramic view monitor
- 13-speaker Mark Levinson sound system
- Acoustic front and side glass
- ‘High-grade’ metallic finish door garnish and instrument cluster
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Front seat ventilation
- Driver seat memory
- Easy access system
- Removes sunroof
UX Sports Luxury Enhancement Pack adds:
- Head-up display
- Smart key card
UX F-Sport adds:
- Dark premium metallic 18-inch wheels
- ‘Exclusive’ front and rear bumpers
- F Sport grille and badging
- Body-coloured wheel arches (NEW)
- Adaptive suspension
- F Sport steering wheel
- F Sport shift lever
- F Sport pedals
- Aluminium foot rest
- Active Sound Control
- 8-inch TFT digital instrument cluser
- F Sport Seats
- Removes acoustic glass
- Removes Mark Levinson premium audio
- Removes Panoramic View Monitor
UX F Sport Enhancement Pack 1 adds:
UX F Sport Enhancement Pack 2 adds:
- Surround-view camera
- 13-speaker Mark Levinson sound system
- Head-up display
- Smart key card
The 2023 Lexus UX is available in the following exterior finishes:
- Sonic Quartz
- Sonic Chrome
- Graphite Black
- Khaki Metal
- Celestial Blue (Luxury and Sports Luxury only)
- Sonic Iridium (Luxury and Sports Luxury only) (NEW)
- Carnelian (F Sport only)
- White Nova (F Sport only)
- Cobalt Mica (F Sport only)
The UX is also available in the following interior colour schemes, depending on the variant.
- White Ash
- Rich Cream
- F Sport Black
- F Sport White
- F Sport Flare Red
The two-tone Cobalt interior from the pre-update range has been discontinued.
MORE: Everything Lexus UX