Woman, 23, charged over ‘extremely serious’ alleged plot to kill top crime gang figure


An alleged underworld crime coordinator is behind bars after she was accused of organising a plot to kill a high-ranking Alameddine boss.

Rebekah Hansell, 23, was arrested early yesterday when police raided her Whalan home in the city’s west.

Police say Hansell’s involvement was “extremely serious” as she was recruited to target high-profile Alameddine crime figure and rapper Ali Younes in a failed assassination plot in April.

The 23-year-old woman was arrested this morning.
The 23-year-old woman was arrested on Wednesday. (NSW Police Force)

Detectives will allege she was involved in the co-ordination of serious organised crimes, including shootings, conspiracy to murder, firearm offences and staging vehicles.

A Mount Druitt court heard today that Hansell had allegedly taken surveillance photos of Younes and sent them to the gunmen, whom she had also supplied weapons to.

The group allegedly had planned to shoot Younes dead as he walked to his car following a football game in April.

Superintendent Jason Box said that while past investigations have seen the “willingness” of young men with limited criminal history to be recruited, they are now seeing young women being brought into the mix.

“They are sitting in vehicles with knives waiting for someone to present themselves, assisting in conspiracy to murder,” he said.

“It is concerning that it is young men and women committing these acts.”

Box said that the figure who was allegedly targeted has “been spoken to and is aware of the threats on his life”.

Police gave chase after the trio were reportedly seen acting suspiciously outside of a Wentworthville Leagues Club.

The car was intercepted by police during a pursuit on the M4, one of Sydney’s busiest motorways.

During a search of the car, officers allegedly found a semi-automatic rifle, a pistol and cloned number plates.

The firearms, the vehicle and the plates were all seized for forensic examination.

The chase ended on one of Sydney's busiest motorways.
Three men were arrested following a police pursuit on one of Sydney’s busiest motorways last month. (Nine)

The three men – one aged 28 and two aged 24 – were charged and remain before the courts.

Detectives later established a link between the vehicle and plates to three public place shootings in Colyton, St Johns Park and Panania earlier this year.

The 23-year-old woman has been charged with conspiring to murder and participating in criminal group activity.

Investigations are ongoing and police say they expect more charges to be laid in relation to the conspiracy to murder the underworld figure.

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.



Source link

spot_imgspot_img

Subscribe

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

twelve + four =